Thursday 7 February 2013

Back to the groomers...

This week I was back in Top Dogs. I was busier this week as there was more dogs in. Ii had to wash 3 of the dogs, Sammy, Collie and Jack. It was difficult at the start as they kept trying to get out of the big wash bath, but Margot helped me and instructed me what to do and then it was fine. She also told me how to stop them shaking and covering me in water, which was very helpful! I had to dry them then and I left them in the cages with the dryer on. While the dogs were drying I walked some of the other dogs around the area. I enjoyed doing this as I'm experienced in walking dogs, due to my own. When I came back in I was given a lesson in how to groom the feet and clip the nails. It was very interesting to see how much work needs to be done to just one dog. After this I took the dogs I had washed out and gave them a manual dry. It was then time for them to be fed to I helped Margot with this. My favourite dog that day was Harley. He was on daycare there and he was a Bichon Frise. I really enjoyed today and I'm looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment