Thursday 4 October 2012

Second week...


I had my second week of work experience this week and it was even better than last week. I felt that I wasn't really a stranger any more and that the children felt more comfortable around me because I had been there before. The first activity was making trees with their hands. I had to trace around each of their hands and then they stuck leaves on to them to make the tree. The children really enjoyed this.  For the rest of the morning the children were painting, playing with toys and drawing pictures. I helped them whenever they needed it and when we had to tidy up. The two sides of the room then swapped so I got another set of Montessori and they did the same as the first group. At lunch time I helped anyone that needed things opened or put away. After lunch they children finally got to play outside as the rain had stopped. This was music to both mine and the children's ears! All hell broke loose when they went outside they were running and screaming but enjoying themselves. I played some games with them like What time is it Mr Wolf? and follow the train. They loved this! Unfortunelty it started to rain them so we had to go back inside. The children then got their bags and coats and sang songs until their parents came. It was a very busy morning.

I came back in the afternoon for they after school children but there was another Montessori group on upstairs so I helped out with them. It was a very quiet afternoon as there were only 4 children there and two of them didn't speak English. By the end of the Montessori though the other two children started to talk to me and all in all I enjoyed it. I had a very hand-on day, but a very enjoyable one aswell. Already looking forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment