Thursday 4 October 2012

First day of Playschool...



Yesterday i had my first day of work experience in Happy Days Playschool, Montassori and Afterschool care. I was very excited to start but also a little nervous! I soon realised though that there was nothing to be nervous about. The staff were very kind and helpful and the kids were excellent. I was put in the montassori room with Lynda and Rachel to help them out for the day, the children here are ages 3-4 and they are boys and girls. They all came in at about half 9 bright eyed and ready for a day of playing. They all were very surprised to see a new face but quickly warmed up to me. One of the girls was so excited to see me that she ran back out the door to tell her day there was a new teacher today. The main objectives of the montassori is to texh the children to do things for themselves and to be more independant. They played with learning toys for about an hour and i was also learning as i went. I was trying to remember their names and to play different games with them. I read them stories and did pictures with them. They all wanted me to see their creations and for me to sit beside them. two or three of the boys especially took a shine to me that they were pulling me hands to try and get me to play with them or to show me their buliding creations. after there playing we did some painting with them. i had to make sure they all had paint shirts on them before they began painting. when each of them were finished i had to show them where to leave the paintings to dry. when the tables and chairs were nearly all painted pink, red and blue it was wash up time before lunch. i washed the paint mats and tables while the teachers washed the children (luckily it was wash off paint!) the teacher rang the bell for them to sit down for luch while i put all their lunch bags out in a line. i had to help some of the children with their luches and to clean up after them. beofr they go home they have alittle sing song time. whiel they were in the corner with one of the teacher i was sweeping up the room and putting it back in order. i had huge goodbyes from the children and sayuing ill see you next week! as it was my first day the manager said i could have a half day and start the full day of work next week. this was very kind of her and i thanked her and went home. i thoroughly enjoyed my first day of work experience and im looking forward to the coming weeks!

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I'm so happy with your blog site, it contains all the matter with regards to playschool Good luck to you and your well performed job. Thanks for keeping us updated with the latest information for playschool.
    Regards
    Top Playschool in India,
    Top Pre Nursery school
    Top Pre Primary Education In India

    ReplyDelete